Per District Policy and MCCCD Purchase Orders ALL INVOICES must be mailed to:
Maricopa Community Colleges
Attn: Accounts Payable
2411 W. 14th Street
Tempe, Arizona - 85281
An original invoice from the supplier is required for purchases, services, etc. The invoice must have the supplier name, detail of items purchased or services received and must include the MCCCD Purchase Order number (PO #123654). When placing orders or requesting services, provide the PO # to the supplier and request that the PO# be listed on the packing slip and invoice.
Verify that the supplier has the Ship-To as MCCs address and the Bill-To as the MCCCD Accounts Payable address. If you receive an invoice at the MCC address, please contact the Supplier and have them change the Bill-To address to the MCCCD Accounts Payable address listed above.
Things to Know about Invoices
- Original Invoices must be sent directly to MCCCD Accounts Payable (US mail or email).
- District A/P will not accept faxed invoices.
- All invoices are approved by the Requisitioner via the CFS Workflow process.
- The Requestor/Requisitioner will receive an email when they have an invoice to review and approve (CFS Workflow Mailer Notification).
- All invoices must be approved within 7 days of the 1st CFS Workflow Mailer Notification.
- Any original invoices received at campus should be forwarded to Robert Valencia or Shane Siebold with PO #.
- District A/P cannot pay an invoice that does not match the PO lines.
- Invoice sent to MCCCD Accounts Payable (A/P) from Supplier.
- A/P Tech enters invoice into CFS and matches it against the PO indicated on the invoice.
- If the PO number is incorrect or not listed, it will be sent to Fiscal Services for research.
- The Requestor/Requisitioner receives an email - CFS Workflow Mailer Notification when they have an invoice needing their review and approval.
- The Requestor/Requisitioner is responsible for managing their CFS Workflow and ensuring that notifications are approved within 7 days of the 1st CFS Workflow Mailer Notification.
- Requestor/Requisitioner approves the invoice by clicking the Approve' button.
- A/P Tech pays the invoices and check/funds is sent to Supplier.
What do I do if:
CFS Workflow Mailer Notification indicates Overbill
- An overbill means that the invoice received does not match the dollar amount or the specific lines of the PO.
- Requestor/Requisitioner must request an increase to their PO to pay the difference in the dollar amount and/or increase PO to reflect the lines of the invoices.
- You cannot approve the invoice until the overbill has been removed this requires an increase to PO and by District A/P releasing the hold.
The invoice does not match PO or is dispute
- If the invoice received does not match the quote or is a dispute or services not fully rendered or items not received, the Requestor/Requisitioner can request for District A/P to hold the invoice.
- If the invoice is not MCCs or was paid by ProCard, the Requestor/Requisitioner should add a detailed comment as to why the invoice is being rejected and then click the Reject button.
- If the invoice is a dispute, the Requestor/Requisitioner should add a detailed comment as to why the invoice is being disputed and then click the Reject button. The Requestor/Requisitioner must contact the supplier to resolve the dispute.
- If for any reason the invoice needs to be rejected the Requestor/Requisitioner must include a detailed comment as to what needs to be done with the invoice. For example: If invoice needs to be applied to a different PO #, add comment to reattach invoice to new PO #.
CFS Workflow Mailer Received for Missing Receiving Information
- All goods POs must be online received by MCC Receiving.
- Invoices for goods POs will not pay until both the online receiving is completed and the Requestor/Requisitioner approves via workflow.
For more information on how to approve invoices, look up invoices in CFS, verify check numbers, refer to the Maricopa Training and Employee Development site.