Contact Faculty Senate
Southern & Dobson
Building: NU 6 - Room: 187
The purposes of the Mesa Community College Faculty Senate shall be to:
- serve as the exclusive representative of the Mesa Community College faculty to the college administration in academic and professional matters and policy development;
- advise the College President on matters of importance to the college and faculty; promote communication, collaboration, and education among the faculty and between the faculty and other groups;
- maintain and promote the standards and ideals of the profession;
- serve as the voice of the faculty in shared governance;
- protect and preserve academic freedom;
- provide an open forum for the free discussion of academic and professional issues.
- Download Constitution here - updated 2013
- Download By-Laws here - updated 2013
Faculty Senate meetings are held on the First and Third Thursdays of the month, from 3-5 PM in the CTL Conference Room (unless otherwise noted).
The Fall 2016 Senate meetings dates were:
- August 18 Week of Accountability
- September 1
- September 15
- October 6
- October 20
- November 3
- November 17
- December 1
The Spring 2017 Senate meeting dates are:
- January 19
- February 2
- February 16
- March 2
- April 6
- April 20
- May 4
Other notable dates:
- Faculty Executive Council meets on the Second and Fourth Tuesdays of the month.
- MCCD Governing Board meetings are held on the Second and Fourth Tuesdays of the month.