Contact Faculty Senate
Southern & Dobson
Building: NU 6 - Room: 187
The purposes of the Mesa Community College Faculty Senate shall be to:
- serve as the exclusive representative of the Mesa Community College faculty to the college administration in academic and professional matters and policy development;
- advise the College President on matters of importance to the college and faculty; promote communication, collaboration, and education among the faculty and between the faculty and other groups;
- maintain and promote the standards and ideals of the profession;
- serve as the voice of the faculty in shared governance;
- protect and preserve academic freedom;
- provide an open forum for the free discussion of academic and professional issues.
- Download Constitution here - updated 2013
- Download By-Laws here - updated 2013
Faculty Senate meetings are held on the First and Third Thursdays of the month, from 3-5 PM in the CTL Conference Room (unless otherwise noted).
The Fall 2017 Senate meetings dates were:
- August 17 (Week of Accountability)
- September 7
- September 21
- October 5
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16
- December 7
The Spring 2018 Senate meeting dates are:
- January 18
- February 1
- February 15
- March 1
- April 5
- April 19
- May 3
Other notable dates:
- Faculty Executive Council meets on the Second and Fourth Tuesdays of the month.
- MCCD Governing Board meetings are held on the Second and Fourth Tuesdays of the month.