Developmental education is a comprehensive research-based framework that empowers underprepared learners to achieve intellectual, social and emotional growth. Developmental education includes, but is not limited to, instruction, coursework, tutoring, personal counseling, career counseling and academic advisement.
- Coordinate the assessment of developmental education programs using data from the Office of Research and Planning
- Support proper placement of students into the developmental course sequences in English, math, and reading
- Support professional development opportunities
- Outline common goals for all developmental courses with the assistance of representatives from academic disciplines that teach developmental courses
- Educate and inform internal and external communities on the importance of developmental education and on its emerging trends while encouraging the use of research-based practices and innovative methods.
Interested in Joining?
We would love to have you.