Welcome new Career & Technical Education Dropout Detective User!
Dropout Detective (DoD) Access and Ally Role
The Deans of Instruction, Institutional Effectiveness, and eLearning offices have several tools to support student success and retention! Faculty and staff are valued to serve as an "ally" to support students based on their declared major falling into their area of interest (Programs & Degrees).
What is an "ally"? The DoD Ally role allows FERPA-compliant viewers to review the risk index holistically (all of the students' classes), connect with students, respond to alerts, and utilize “tags” to request support from retention specialists as needed.
- AspireEDU Dropout Detective Overview video (7 min 26 sec)
- MCC CTL Retention Strategies
- DoD Standard Operating Procedures
- DoD Algorithm
- DoD training videos (narrated by Dean Voss)
- Major Success Initiative (14 min 21 sec)
- DoD Dashboard Detailed Overview (21 min 15 sec)
- DoD Admin and Ally Access (2 min 18 sec)
- DoD Ally Role and Case Notes (13 min 31 sec)
- DoD Making Notes and Documentation (20 min 36 sec)
Ally communication tools and resources:
- Dropout Detective Ally Quick Reference. Provides a quick overview of purpose, process, documentation, and resources to support students in the role of an ally.
- Helpful Resources for Students. The purpose of this Student Resource Referral Guide is to serve as a repository of resources for students with a variety of academic and/or basic needs (personal well-being) they may be experiencing.
- The Giant List of Resources. This list includes a lot of different types of student resources which may be helpful to serving in the role of an ally. In the document, check out the section headings on the left for easy navigation.
- MCC Declared Majors Tableau Dashboard and Student Lists* allows the user to download additional student information such as email, phone, credits attempted, credits earned, GPA, etc.
- *The District Office asks that anyone who needs to view confidential reports on Tableau certify that they need to view the data to perform their job responsibilities. Please submit the form at this link: Tableau Confidential Data Access Request. District will grant you access after they have verified that your FERPA training is current. Follow up with Christina Santacruz Del Rosario in Institutional Effectiveness as needed to gain access to this dashboard.
Note: Maricopa Employee sign-in may be required.