The college environment can be a little tricky to navigate. Here are some tips for success to get you started on the right path!
Good to Know
- Explore essential student resources:
Student Success Tips
- Instructors will talk to you, not your parents.
- Enrolling at MCC means you are ready to accept responsibility for your learning and your college experience.
- Deadlines are real.
- College students are expected to complete assignments within the timeframe provided. Deadline dates for homework assignments, term papers, exams, and projects are often set and will require you to ensure that you are managing your time well and staying motivated to keep up with the pace.
- There's more to college than the class you're taking.
- Part of the fun of attending college is being active and involved. Give yourself the opportunity to explore clubs and organizations and take advantage of co-curricular opportunities like Phi Theta Kappa, Model UN or attend campus events like Planetarium night, athletic games or club carnivals.
- Get help when you need it.
- MCC has mentoring programs, tutoring centers and other resources to help you navigate and be successful in college. Get to know your instructors and visit them during office hours. We are all here to help!
Still have questions?
Contact Outreach and Recruitment