DRS can assist students with:
Equal Opportunity Providers
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment (ADAAA) of 2008, and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability
- Require Mesa Community College and the Maricopa County Community College District to make reasonable accommodations for those qualified individuals with a disability who request accommodations.
Individual consultation with a qualified disability program advisor
Coordinate accommodations between faculty, programs of study, advisers, and other services the student is receiving from the institution.
Alternative Format Services: large print, e-text, braille, tactile
Disability Resources and Services at Mesa Community College and the Maricopa County Community College District strives to make reasonable academic accommodations to all students with disabilities.
These include modification or adjustment that allows an individual to gain equal access and have equal opportunity to participate in MCC's courses, services, activities, and use of the facilities. MCC is not obligated to provide an accommodation that requires a substantial change in the curriculum or alteration of any essential elements or functions of a program.
Our vision is to be a champion for student access and support by…
- Creating a safe and welcoming environment
- Encouraging individual potential
- Assisting faculty and staff in developing a universal design attitude
- Developing a collaborative relationship within the community
- Maintaining college compliance of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act