You can earn either of these two Academic Certificates:
Academic Certificate in Spanish & Spanish Culture!
Download the flier. To receive a certificate, you must complete the following for a total of 25 credits:
SPA 101, SPA 102, SPA 201, SPA 202 Credits: 16
Select a minimum of 6 credits taught in Spanish and 3 Credits taught in English
- FLA 240 Foreign Language Teaching Methods (3)
- SLC 201 Introduction to Linguistics [HU, SB] (3)
- SPA 115 Beginning Spanish Conversation I (3)
- +SPA 116 Beginning Spanish Conversation II (3)
- SPA 117 Health Care Spanish I (3)
- SPA 119 Spanish for Educational Settings
- +SPA 298++ Special projects (any suffixed course) (1-3)
- SPH 245 Hispanic Heritage in the Southwest [C,HU] (3)
Students must earn a grade of “C” or better; required for program. Courses with a prefix other than “SPA”, are taught in English. “+” indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
Academic Certificate in Language Studies!
Download the flier. The academic Certificate (AC) in Language Studies is designed to provide students with a foundation in the study of culture, language, and linguistic structures. Students will have the opportunity to develop oral and written communication skills in a language other than English.
To receive a certificate, you must complete the following for a total of 12-18 credits:
201-level proficiency in a language other than English as indicated by assessment or coursework.
SLC 201 Introduction to Linguistics [HU, SB] (3) AND Students must choose 3-5 credits in 202 or higher-level coursework in the language used to satisfy the program prerequisites.
Students must choose two (2) courses from the list below.
Prerequisites may not be used to satisfy the Restricted Electives:
- COM 263 Elements of Intercultural Communication (3)
- AHU +++ Any AHU Arabic Humanities course
- ARB +++ Any ARB Arabic course
- CHI +++ Any CHI Chinese course
- FRE +++ Any FRE French course
- GER +++ Any GER German course
- JPN +++ Any JPN Japanese course
- LAT +++ Any LAT Latin course
- NAV +++ Any NAV Navajo course
- NVH +++ Any NVH Navajo Humanities course
- RUS +++ Any RUS Russian course
- SLC +++ Any SLC Studies in Language and Culture course
- SLG +++ Any SLG Sign Language course
- SPA +++ Any SPA Spanish course
- SPH +++ Any SPH Spanish Humanities course
Students must earn a grade of “C” or better; required for program. Courses with a prefix other than “SPA”, are taught in English. + indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
University Transfer Program
Maricopa-ASU Pathway Program MAPP-The Maricopa to ASU Pathways Program (MAPP) has been designed for students who want to start at the community college and plan to complete a bachelor’s degree at ASU.
Through this program, you follow a prescribed sequence of course work at a Maricopa Community College that meets the lower-division course requirements for an ASU major.
When you complete your MAPP, you will have met the requirements for your associate degree and be on track towards earning your selected bachelor’s degree.
Pathways have been created for ASU’s highest demand degrees. The following programs are available through MAPP: