Contact The DJ Program in Music Business
Southern & Dobson
Music Department Phone: 480-461-7575
Dzintra Malins, Academic Advisor
Alma V. Quiros, Administrative Assistant
Resources for You
The MCC Music Business program offers students the opportunity to obtain professional skills as a Disc Jockey through the study, production, marketing and management of vinyl and digital music production projects and events. The program is designed to provide real-world, hands-on learning, which helps students foster a strategic and creative understanding of the skills needed to become a professional Disc Jockey.
This program is offered for both the performing artist as well as students with limited performing experience.
Students have the option to take individual classes or to pursue a 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree or a Certificate of Completion degree in Music Business with an emphasis in Live Performance Disc Jockey Techniques or a 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree or Certificate of Completion degree in Live Performance Disc Jockey Techniques.
Classes are offered Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters in Online, Hybrid, Open Entry/Open Exit and In-person formats.
Get More Information
- Disc Jockey students at MCC have several options for degrees, certificates and classes. Learn more about the AAS and CCL in Live Performance Disc Jockey Techniques on the degree information page.
- Disc Jockey students can also choose to pursue a general AAS/CCL in Music Business, which offers personalized areas of emphasis including: Disc Jockey Techniques, Performance, Songwriting, Music Production, Marketing, Communications or Business. See detailed information on the Music Business degree information page.
- Check the FAQs page to get all your program questions answered quickly and easily.
- Gain experience in the real world. Take an Internship Course.
- Get up-to-date information on opportunities for DJ students by following us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mesaccdjclass/
- Learn more about Gainful Employment for the AAS or CCL in Disc Jockey Techniques here.
- Contact DJ Instructor, Jeff Jones, with questions: email@example.com
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor. Together, you’ll lay out an academic plan that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
Advising for the Music Business and Disc Jockey programs is available through the Enrollment Services Department. We have a dedicated program advisor who specializes in the Music Business and Disc Jockey programs:
Dzintra Malins, Academic Advisor
Learn more about program advising here.
Learn More about the Music Business Program at MCC
- NOW AVAILABLE: The AAS/CCL in Music Business has been updated! Students can now select a personalized degree with areas of emphasis including: Performance, Disc Jockey Techniques, Songwriting, Music Production, Marketing, Communications or Business. See detailed information on the degree information page.
- Discover various College Transfer Opportunities.
- Learn more about our Mission: MCCMusicBusinessMission.pdf.
- Get up-to-date information on Music Business Internships, Guest Lectures, Industry Seminars and new programs by following us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mccmusicbusiness