Join our Group!
Musicians, Disc Jockeys, Fashionistas, Artists, and Designers!
Make new connections.
Participate in professional development opportunities.
Attend Industry Conferences.
Evonne Bowling (Fashion)
Jeff Jones (Thunderbird Student DJs)
The Creative Industries Group is an official student Special Interest group and is affiliated with the ASMCC (Associated Students of Mesa Community College). The Creative Industries Group is open to all MCC students who are interested in creative self-expression and professional career development in the contemporary commercial arts, including: music, fashion, art, design and manufacturing.
Developing the professional, business and creative skills of student members is the foundation of the group’s activities.
Credo and Mission
The mission of the Creative Industries Group is to educate students to excel in all manner of creative careers. We believe that curiosity and self-disciplined inquiry, which are essential to creative endeavors—are critical to achievement in any arena. We also believe that creative self-expression is a powerful catalyst for personal growth.
Through exposure to scholarly and practical learning experiences integrating hands-on learning, guest lectures and field studies, this student Special Interest Group, the Creative Industries Group invites members to explore current industry trends, relevant technologies, and career opportunities open to today's aspiring creative professionals.
- To organize Field and Industry Study trips, locally, nationally and internationally, so student members can experience first-hand the workings of current, creative businesses
- To help students learn about real-world professional practices by offering guest lectures, and workshops with leading industry experts
- To support the development of the individual talents of student members by providing opportunities to showcase their work on campus and other public settings
- To encourage students to join like-minded colleagues and develop their personal and professional networks through lively dialogue and group activities
- To help students develop their professional portfolios and resumes by providing opportunities to apprentice with faculty advisors and other mentors in professional activities
- To enable student members to apply their MCC studies in a global society by providing opportunities for intercultural creative education, thereby fulfilling one of MCC's 4 C's (Student Learning Outcomes), Cultural and Global Engagement
- To maintain the vitality of our college community by encouraging and supporting professional development for all club members
Events, Trips and Activities
Join Fashion Program Director, Evonne Bowling, on an annual trip to Major Fashion Trade Show, MAGIC, in Las Vegas (February)
More information on MAGIC, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=h_ii2l73HX4
Sign up for Fashion Merchandising Study Tour (TEC274AA). Contact Evonne Bowling for more information.
Hone your Disc Jockey Skills. Join the Thunderbird Student DJs
Follow the Thunderbird Student DJs on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mesaccdjclass/
Student DJs perform at campus events. Contact Jeff Jones for more information.
Interest List Forming. Attend a Music Industry Conference with MCC Faculty
Connect with fellow Music Business students, industry professionals and MCC Faculty Leader, Michael Zimmerlich, at the ASCAP, I Create Music Conference in Los Angeles
Interest List forming now. If think you might be interested in attending, please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/3o7uNIenNJhvGUGi2 Contact Michael Zimmerlich for more information.
Attend the FREE Fervor Music Industry Summit (April)
Join fellow club members at a FREE Music Industry Summit in Glendale, AZ. The Annual FERVOR Music Industry Summit: https://www.fervormusicbizsummit.com/