Contact Music Business
Southern & Dobson
Music Department Phone: 480-461-7575
Jo Mandal, Academic Advisor
Alma V. Quiros, Administrative Assistant
Resources for You
- Get started--ENROLL today
- Student Services
- MCC HelpCenter
- Tutoring Help
- The Writing Center
- Ask a Librarian
Follow us on Facebook
For up-to-date information on Internships, Guest Lectures & Workshops
Visit the Arts at MCC website to see all current productions.
The MCC Music Business program offers students the opportunity to obtain relevant and up-to-the-minute knowledge of the Music Industry; through the study, production, marketing and management of commercial music projects and events. The program provides real-world, hands-on learning to help students gain a strategic and creative understanding of commercial music as both an art and a profession.
Students have the option to take individual classes or to pursue two different professional Associate of Applied Science degrees, an Associate of General Studies degree, or a Certificate of Completion degree in Music Business or Disc Jockey Techniques.
Classes are offered Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters in Online, Hybrid, Open Entry/Open Exit and In-person formats.
This program is offered for both the performing artist, as well as the business student with limited performing experience.
Get More Information
- Obtain information on Program Advising
- Check the FAQs page to get all your program questions answered quickly and easily
- Learn more about our Mission: MCCMusicBusinessMission.pdf.
- Discover various College Transfer Opportunities
- Gain experience in the real world. Take a Career Project or Music Business Internship Course
- Get up-to-date information on Music Business Internships, Guest Lectures, Industry Seminars and new programs by following us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mesacommercialmusic
- Learn more about Gainful Employment for the AAS/CCL in Music Business here. Learn more about Gainful Employment for the AAS/CCL in Disc Jockey Techniques here.
Available Associate Degrees and Certificates
|Degree / Certificate||Title||Courses|
|Associate of Applied Science (AAS)||Organizational Management with an Emphasis in Music Business||Course List|
|Associate of General Studies (AGS)||Emphasis in Music Business||Course List|
|Associate in Applied Science (AAS)||Music Business||Course Sequence|
|Associate in Applied Science (AAS)||Disc Jockey Techniques||Course Sequence|
|Certificate of Completion (CCL)||Music Business||Course Sequence|
|Certificate of Completion (CCL)||Disc Jockey Techniques||Course Sequence|
Get Your Associate Degree or Certificate Online
Associate degrees for this program are available online. Online learning is a convenient, flexible alternative to traditional classes. Learn more about the benefits of earning your associate degree or certificate online.
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor. Together, you’ll lay out an academic plan that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
Advising for the Music Business and Disc Jockey programs is available through the Enrollment Services Department. We have a dedicated program advisor who specializes in the Music Business and Disc Jockey programs:
Learn more about program advising here.
Advanced Training In Music Business
MCC Music Business students can now get advanced training for a professional career. Check out these specialized classes taught by music industry insiders. Get more information:
- MTC111: Lyric Writing
- MTC113: Songwriting Techniques
- MUC145 Recording Studio Business Operations
- MUC209 Music Industry Entreprenuership
- MUC210 Concert Touring and Prom0tion
- MUC211 Artist Management and Talent Development