Math Boost Workshops
Are you looking for strategies to help you build a stronger foundation in your math class? Maybe you need help with a topic in your current math class or perhaps you’d like to review a prerequisite topic. Well, look no further! The Math Boost Workshops are here to help you! The mathematics department offers workshops on a variety of topics every week in both virtual and in-person formats. These workshops are free and open to students from all levels of math classes.
We have some Math Study Skills workshops coming up for students of all levels of math.
You can add the "MCC Math Help" course to your Canvas dashboards using this link: https://learn.maricopa.edu/enroll/EFYAJT. By using this "enroll" link, the MCC Math Help course will populate in your list of courses. This course has all the resources MCC has to help you be successful in your math classes. Select the Math Boost Tile in the course and you’ll be able to see the full schedule of workshops with information on how to attend.
Here are the topics for the upcoming week (February 12 - 16):
- Factoring Polynomials and the Zero-Product Property on 2/13 @ 10:30am
- Meaningful Habits of a Mathematician on 2/13 at 10:30am
- Horizontal and Vertical Intercepts for Different Types of Functions on 2/14 at 10am
- Annuities on 2/14 at 3pm
- The Complex Number System on 2/16 @ 11am
- Factoring Polynomials on 2/16 at 6pm
Here are the topics for the following week (February 20 - 23):
- Personal Finance Formulas on 2/21 at 3:00pm
- Write On! Making your math notes work for YOU on 2/22 at 3:30pm
- Solving Rational Equations on 2/23 at 10am
- Factoring Polynomials and the Zero Product Property on 2/23 at 11am