- How do I find information on degrees and certificates offered in Fire Science/EMT?
Please visit the Degrees & Certificates page.
- Where can I find more information about Fire Service, Emergency Medical Service, or Emergency Management programs and careers?
Visit the Degrees & Certificates page for a complete listing of our offered classes and programs.
- Who can I contact for academic advisement or graduation applications?
Darlene Vasquez is the Academic Advisor/liaison for the Fire Science/EMT Department. Darlene Vasquez can be contacted by phone for advisement appointments 480-461-6304 or email@example.com.
- Is there anything I can use to help stay on track with my degree or certificate path?
Unofficial Checksheets for the AAS/ERO Degree/Certification are available at the Downtown Center at 148 N. Centennial Way, Mesa AZ 85201. Students can make a appointment for Advisement with Darlene Vasquez by phone 480-461-6304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am a professional firefighter or transfer student and need to have professional training or transfer credits evaluated. Where do I find more information?
Information can be found on the Degrees & Certificates page. To initiate a credit by evaluation, course substitution, or credit by examination, you will need to pick up forms from the Fire Science/EMT front desk located at the Down Town Center, 145 N. Centennial Way Mesa, AZ 85201.
- Does MCC offer an Paramedic training program?
Yes. Please visit our EMT page for more information.
- How do I register for an EMT-basic class (EMT104)?
Registration is restricted to students who have completed all the prerequisites from the EMT application packet that can be downloaded from Mesa Community College website https://www.mesacc.edu/departments/fire-science-emt/forms. You may also pick up a EMT application packet at the Fire Science/EMT front desk at the Down Town Center located at 145 N. Centennial Way, 4th Floor, Mesa, AZ 85201
- How do I register for Fire Science, EMT, CPR, and Emergency Management classes that are not restricted to department permission? How do I register for a restricted class once I have been given permission to register?
Any MCC registration technician can help you register for classes that are not restricted to department permission. You can also register online at My.maricopa.edu or register via phone at 480-461-7400.
If you are trying to register for a restricted class and you have a permission number assigned by the department or instructor, please register using your permission number at My.maricopa.
If you have not been assigned a permission number, but you received a signed authorization letter or official add form from the appropriate department representative, you may take the authorization to any registration technician and register for the class in person.
Registration technicians are located at the Southern & Dobson campus, Down Town Center, or Red Mountain campus.