Due to concerns regarding COVID-19, MCC's Downtown Center is CLOSED to students for the Spring 2020 Semester. We are continuing to accept registration forms for Fall 2020. Services are still available by email and phone. Please check back for our updates and your Maricopa Student Email for updates from instructors, the college, and the district. Thank you!
MCC offers students entry-level emergency response training with its EMT-Basic (EMT-B) program. EMT-Bs do not provide definitive medical care on the scene but rather concentrate on prompt in-field treatment and patient transportation to medical facilities.
What is an EMT-Basic?
EMT-Basic is the entry-level of pre-hospital emergency medical care providers. EMT-Bs are not trained to provide definitive medical care but instead focus on rapid in-field treatment and transport to higher medical providers. The training is designed to provide the next sequence of skills required to progress upward in the emergency health care field and qualifies the student for state EMT-basic certification sanctioned by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Steps to Register
- Create an MEID Account and Apply for admissions for Mesa Community College: https://admissions.maricopa.edu/
- Seek Advising and register for New Student Orientation: https://www.mesacc.edu/academic-advisement/new-student-advising-orientation
- Take the Placement Test: https://www.mesacc.edu/enroll/placement-test
- Check out class times and dates: https://www.mesacc.edu/schedule/
- Go over our Program Requirements and Costs.
- Complete the EMT104 Registration Form: EMT104 Program Registration Form
- To complete and submit, you must be logged in to your given Maricopa Student email account.
- Be advised you will be asked to upload documents:
- Reading Scores
- CPR card (if applicable)
- Once completed, students should receive a copy of their form In their Maricopa email. If you do not receive this email, please contact our office: (480) 461-6300.