What is the CPAT?
The job of a firefighter is one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America. It requires high levels of cardiopulmonary endurance, muscular strength and muscular endurance. The Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) consists of critical physical tasks that simulate actual job duties on the fireground. Mesa, Glendale, Paradise Valley, and Phoenix College work together to provide CPAT testing needs for fire department recruit candidates.
Registration is limited to availability - so register early!
- $150.00 or
- $50.00 Renewal CPAT with Mesa Community College within 12 months.
- Please submit a CPAT Registration Form
- Once you have submitted, our admin will be in contact for confirmation and payment.
- OR register by phone by calling Susan Schroeder 480-461-6150.
- Due to campus closure for COVID-19, we are currently unable to perform in-person registrations.
*Due to the need for equipment and proctor scheduling, the registration fee is non-refundable.*
Preparing for the CPAT
The CPAT Orientations and Timed Practice Runs are optional. You do not have to attend an Orientation or Timed Practice Run to take the CPAT. However, they are provided to help prepare for the CPAT and are included in the registration cost.