The job of a firefighter is one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America. It requires high levels of cardiopulmonary endurance, muscular strength and muscular endurance. The Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) consists of critical physical tasks that simulate actual job duties on the fireground.
What is a CPAT Test?
Who Offers a CPAT test?
Register for a CPAT
Registration is limited to availability - so register early!
Registration Hours are Monday through Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm.
- $150.00 or
- $50.00 with successful completion of FSC 130 within 12 months.
- $50.00 Renewal CPAT with Mesa Community College within 12 months.
To Register by Credit Card
- Come into the MCC Fire Science Office located at 145 North Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ 85201
- OR register by phone by calling Susan Schroeder 480-461-6150.
To register by cash or check:
- You must come into the MCC Fire Science Department at 145 North Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ 85201
Due to the need for equipment and proctor scheduling, the registration fee is non-refundable. *
Preparing for the CPAT
The CPAT Orientations and Timed Practice Runs are optional. You do not have to attend an Orientation or Timed Practice Run to take the CPAT. However, they are provided to help prepare for the CPAT and are included in the registration cost.