Class Placement Auditions
Students wishing to enroll in a level II dance class without taking the level I class at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor of the class.
Students wishing to enroll in a level III or IV dance class without having taken level II or III at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor or participate in a class placement audition.
Class placement auditions occur the first week of the regular semester; Tuesday/ Thursday, level III/IV classes: placement audition will be held on Tuesday, August 22nd, 2o17, during the scheduled class time.
Class placement auditions will be held in the dance room.
If you have questions about class placement auditions, please contact Tina Rangel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"MCC Dance Company" Auditions
If you are interested in being a member of the MCC Dance Company, you will need to go through the audition process. Fall 2017 auditions will be held Thursday, May 4th at 2:30 pm in the Dance Room at the Southern & Dobson campus. Additional auditions may be held at a later date. Contact email@example.com.
If selected, you will need to register for DAN141 (1 cr.) and DAN150 (1 cr.) for dance company rehearsals and performances.
In addition, you will need to take at least one dance technique class such as ballet, modern or jazz at MCC in order to be a member of the company.
- Be prepared to learn a group dance as well as demonstrate movement across the floor.
- Be prepared to show a one-minute solo in your choice of style.
- Contact Tina Rangel for more information. (480) 461-7597 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MCC Dance Company Rehearsals:
Register for DAN141 (1 cr) and DAN150 (1 cr)
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- There will be additional rehearsals the week of the formal performance.
- Being on time and attending all of the rehearsals is mandatory.
- You must also register for at least one dance technique class to be a member of the MCC Dance Company.