MCC Dance Company Auditions
If you are interested in being a member of the MCC Dance Company, you will need to go through an audition process. Please contact Julie Freeman at (480) 461-7551.
If selected, you will need to register for DAN141 (1 cr.) and DAN150 (1 cr.) for dance company rehearsals and performances.
In addition, you will need to take at least one dance technique class such as ballet, modern or jazz at MCC in order to be a member of the company.
- Be prepared to learn a group dance as well as demonstrate movement across the floor.
- Be prepared to show a one-minute solo in your choice of style.
- Contact Julie Freeman for more information @ (480) 461-7551 or email@example.com
MCC Dance Company Rehearsals
Register for DAN141 (1 cr) and DAN150 (1 cr)
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- There will be additional rehearsals the week of the formal performance.
- Being on time and attending all of the rehearsals is mandatory.
- You must also register for at least one dance technique class to be a member of the MCC Dance Company.
Class Placement Auditions for Level III/IV classes
Students wishing to enroll in a level II dance class without taking the level I class at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor of the class.
Students wishing to enroll in a level III or IV dance class without having taken level II or III at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor or participate in a class placement audition.
Tuesday/ Thursday, level III/IV classes are considered "flex-start" and begin the third week of the regular semester. Class Levels III & IV class placement auditions occur the first week of the regular semester: Fall & Spring class placement auditions will be held on the first Tuesday of the regular semester during the scheduled class time.
Class placement auditions will be held in the dance room - Building 46.
If you have questions about class placement auditions, please contact:
Amber Robins for JAZZ III/IV or Modern III/IV
Scott Bodily for Ballet III/IV