MCC Dance Company Auditions
If you are interested in being a member of the MCC Dance Company, you will need to go through an audition process. Please contact Jennifer Seigle at (480) 461-7597.
If selected, you will need to register for DAN141 (1 cr.) and DAN150 (1 cr.) for dance company rehearsals and performances.
In addition, you will need to take at least one dance technique class such as ballet, tap, hip hop, ballroom, modern or jazz at MCC in order to be a member of the company.
- Be prepared to move, ALL dancers are welcome.
- Be prepared to learn a group dance as well as demonstrate movement across the floor.
- Contact Jennifer Seigle for more information at (480) 461-7597 or email@example.com
MCC Dance Company Rehearsals
Register for DAN141 (1 cr) and DAN150 (1 cr)
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Location: Dance Room
- There will be additional rehearsals the week of the formal performance.
- Being on time and attending all of the rehearsals is mandatory.
- You must also register for at least one dance technique class to be a member of the MCC Dance Company.
Class Placement Auditions for Level III/IV classes
Students wishing to enroll in a level II dance class without taking the level I class at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor of the class.
Students wishing to enroll in a level III or IV dance class without having taken level II or III at MCC will need to participate in a class placement audition.
If you have not taken level II, placement auditions are required for the higher level dance classes. Placement auditions will be held at the start of the regular semester. MW classes will audition Monday the first regular week of classes and TR classes will audition on Tuesday the first regular week of classes at the assigned time of the level IIII/IV class.
Class placement auditions will be held in the dance room - Building 46.
If you have questions about class placement auditions, please contact:
Amber Robins at firstname.lastname@example.org for JAZZ III/IV or Modern III/IV
Sara Malan-McDonald at email@example.com for Ballet III/IV