MCC Dance Company Auditions:
If you are interested in being a member of the MCC Dance Company, you will need to go through the audition process. Fall 2018 auditions will be held Thursday, April 26th at 2:30 pm in the Dance Room at the Southern & Dobson campus. Additional auditions may be held at a later date. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. or (480) 461-7597.
If selected, you will need to register for DAN141 (1 cr.) and DAN150 (1 cr.) for dance company rehearsals and performances.
In addition, you will need to take at least one dance technique class such as ballet, modern or jazz at MCC in order to be a member of the company.
- Be prepared to learn a group dance as well as demonstrate movement across the floor.
- Be prepared to show a one-minute solo in your choice of style.
- Contact Tina Rangel for more information. (480) 461-7597 or email@example.com
MCC Dance Company Rehearsals:
Register for DAN141 (1 cr) and DAN150 (1 cr)
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- There will be additional rehearsals the week of the formal performance.
- Being on time and attending all of the rehearsals is mandatory.
- You must also register for at least one dance technique class to be a member of the MCC Dance Company.
Class Placement Auditions for Level III/IV classes
Students wishing to enroll in a level II dance class without taking the level I class at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor of the class.
Students wishing to enroll in a level III or IV dance class without having taken level II or III at MCC will need to get permission from the instructor or participate in a class placement audition.
Tuesday/ Thursday, level III/IV classes begin the third week of the regular semester. Class Levels III & IV placement auditions occur the second week of the regular semester: Fall placement auditions will be held on Tuesday, August 28th, 2o18, during the scheduled class time.
Class placement auditions will be held in the dance room.
If you have questions about class placement auditions, please contact Tina Rangel at firstname.lastname@example.org. or (480) 461-7597.