Contact Dance Program Director
Southern & Dobson
Building: HW 8
P: 480-461-7551 F: 480-461-7471
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Thu: 8 am - 7 pm
Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 6 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
The MCC Dance Program is proud to offer an Associate of Arts degree in Dance (AAFA-Dance).
This degree is a two year associate's degree that prepares students to transfer to a university or to begin working in the private sector.
Visit the Arts at MCC website to see all current productions.
This degree is transferable to Grand Canyon University for their Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance and Dance Education. https://www.mesacc.edu/programs/map/dance-aadance
Arizona State University and the University of Arizona will work with students on an individual basis after completing the audition/interview process for class placement.
Students may choose to use their degree to help prepare them for careers as professional performers &/or choreographers in the entertainment industry working in dance productions for theme parks, cruise ships, live concerts, sports teams, television or with professional dance companies.
Students may also use their degree for careers as choreographers &/or teachers for dance studios, community programs or private instruction.
The Dance program at Mesa Community College offers a variety of fun, exciting and challenging classes to suit every level of dancer. From beginner to professional, we have the class, instructor, and ability to bring out the best dancer in you!
Facts & Figures About Dance
- Audiences for dance are growing faster than for any other art form
- There are 10 times more dance companies than in the 1970’s and dance is ever more diverse, eclectic, challenging and exciting
- 15 million people engage with professional dance artists each year
- There are 1.5 million people dancing for fun every night
- As part of a healthy lifestyle, Dance is a great form of aerobic exercise