To the First-Year Student
Where can I go for further support?
What services & agencies are available to help me?
Download a list of 24 hour Help Lines here
Call us at either location:
Your first year in college is a perfect opportunity to develop a strong strategy for your success.
Here is brief list of things to get you started on your way to a great first year at Mesa Community College.
- See your Academic Advisor
- Learn about your degree requirements - choose from list
- Use campus tutoring center
- Be familiar with other academic support services - ASC, C4S, ESL, AII, and more
- Pay fees and be aware of college deadlines
- Learn about exercise and good nutritional health at MCC
- Talk to your professors!
- Form study groups with your classmates
- Tour the library and use it
- Attend SOS workshops to enhance your learning success skills
- To develop a sense of community for first-year students on a large campus.
- Increase student exposure and involvement in campus activities among peers and faculty.
- Provide access to resources that assist students with personal and academic growth.
- Positively impact student retention and persistence through graduation.
- Assist students in overcoming daily challenges in the course of their personal and academic development.
To better serve the first year student with their academic and personal achievement, by assisting the student to make a smooth transition into community college life. To develop collaboration between MCC Faculty and Staff to increase the retention of this new student population.
Academic Success & Personal Success
Come in and visit the Counseling Center for personal, academic, and career guidance.