To better serve the first year student with their academic and personal achievement, by assisting the student to make a smooth transition into community college life. To develop collaboration between MCC Faculty and Staff to increase the retention of this new student population.
- To develop a sense of community for first-year students on a large campus.
- Increase student exposure and involvement in campus activities among peers and faculty.
- Provide access to resources that assist students with personal and academic growth.
- Positively impact student retention and persistence through graduation.
- Assist students in overcoming daily challenges in the course of their personal and academic development.
To the First-Year Student
Your first year in college is a perfect opportunity to develop a strong strategy for your success. Here is brief list of things to get you started on your way to a great first year at Mesa Community College.
- See your Academic Advisor
- Learn about your degree requirements
- Use campus tutoring center
- Be familiar with other academic support services
- Pay fees and be aware of college deadlines
- Learn about exercise and good nutritional health at MCC
- Talk to your professors!
- Form study groups with your classmates
- Tour the library and use it
- Attend SOS workshops to enhance your learning success skills
Academic Success & Personal Success
Come in and visit the Counseling Center for personal, academic, and career guidance.