The 48 Hour Paramedicine Refresher Course is for paramedics interested in retaining the National Registry of EMTs and/or State of Arizona Paramedic recertification requirements. This course will count as a continuing education credit and will be offered Spring 2021.
- Lead Faculty: Valerie Weaver, RN, BSN, NREMT-P
- Start Date: 1/19 /2021
- End Date: 3/11/2021
- Length: 8 Weeks (2 evenings per week)
- Meeting Days: Tuesday & Thursday Evenings
- Meeting Times: 1800-2100 (6:00pm-9:00pm) - 48 Total Contact Hours
- Delivery Format: Hybrid - (Live Online Delivery Format Virtual Live Instructor-Led Training for Theory & Live In-Person for Lab)
- Room: Online Virtual (Zoom Room) and DTC#407A/B
- Cost Per Student: $400.00
- Max # of Enrolled Students: 24
National Component Requirements: 30 Hours
The National Component requires Paramedics to complete a total of 30 hours of approved continuing education in the following areas:
A maximum of 10 hours of distributive education may be used to meet the 30-hour requirement.
Local or State Component Requirements: 15 Hours
If specific local and/or state are not specified, these required hours are considered flexible content. You may use any state or Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) approved EMS–related education to fulfill these requirements. A maximum of 10 hours of distributive education may be used to meet the 15-hour requirement.
Individual Component Requirements: 15 Hours
The individual hours are considered flexible content. You may use any state or Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) approved EMS–related education to fulfill these requirements. A maximum of 15 hours of distributive education may be used to meet the 15-hour requirement.
To complete and submit the Paramedicine ALS 48 Hour Refresher Course Registration Form, you must first be a Mesa Community College Student. To apply for admission at Mesa Community College, please visit the Maricopa Community Colleges Admissions Page.
Please be advised that you must be prepared to upload .pdf, .gif, or .jpeg copies of the following documents to this registration form:
- Current, valid unrestricted National Registry of EMT’s Paramedic certification OR current valid unrestricted State of Arizona Paramedic certification.
- BLS CPR Provider Card (currently valid) - should be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA), American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), or American Red Cross (ARC).
Once the registration form is submitted, you will receive an email verification in your email inbox showing successful submission. If you do not receive this email, please contact our office: (480) 461-6300.