The Critical Care Paramedicine Course is designed to prepare students to sit for the International Board of Specialty Certification CCP-C® (Critical Care Paramedic Certification) and FP-C® (Flight Paramedic Certification) CBT examination processes.
Upon completion of the course, an exam candidate should have a mastery of current trends and therapies in critical care transport medicine in a flight or ground environment, as well as significant knowledge of ACLS, PALS, NALS, and BTLS/ITLS. FP-C® exam candidates should also have significant knowledge of flight physiology and current CAMTS flight safety standards.
- Current, valid unrestricted National Registry of EMT's Paramedic certification or current valid unrestricted State of Arizona Paramedic certification
- Current, valid BLS CPR, ACLS, and PALS provider level cards
- Pass Maricopa Community College Health & Safety requirements (background check, urine drug screen)
- Current proof of immunity and current vaccination records
- 2-3 years paramedic fieldwork experience
- Current, valid AMLS, PHTLS/BTLS/ITLS provider cards
- Current, valid PEPP provider card
- Current, valid NRP/NALS provider card
- 128 hours of theory & lab content
- 72 hours of clinical internship experience (12 hours Operating Room, 24 hours Cardiovascular ICU, 12 hours Surgical/Trauma ICU, 12 hours Neuro ICU, 12 hours Pediatric ICU)
- 24 additional optional clinic hours
- Critical Care Course Fees and Registration Information:
Tues & Wed
(theory delivered via live online instruction, lab & clinical internships are via in-
Course Tuition @ $85.00 per credit hour x 8 credits
Course Lab Fee
Clinical Internship Fees (American Data Bank Subscription, Urine Drug Screen, Background Checks)
Scrub Uniform Fee (for clinical internship phase)
ISBN # 97812840409999 - purchased through Pubic Safety Group
Course Total Estimated Costs
Post completion computer-based examination fees (optional for students completing the course): (Exams offered through International Board of Specialty Certification)
Affiliate Member Cost
Non- Member Cost
FP-C Computer Based Exam
CCP-C Computer Based Exam
Upon successful completion of this course, students may apply for the Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Critical Care Paramedicine from MCC.
All currently enrolled Critical Care Paramedicine students can purchase the required textbook for the course at a discounted rate. (link above)
To complete and submit the Critical Care Paramedicine Course Registration Form, you must first be a Mesa Community College Student. To enroll at Mesa Community College, please visit the Maricopa Community Colleges Admissions Page.
Please be advised that you must be prepared to upload .pdf, .gif or .jpeg copies of the following documents to this registration form:
- Current, valid unrestricted National Registry of EMT’s Paramedic certification OR current valid unrestricted State of Arizona Paramedic certification.
- BLS CPR Provider Card (currently valid) - should be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA), American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), or American Red Cross (ARC).
- Currently valid ASCLS Provider Card.
- Currently valid PALS Provider Card.
Once the registration form is submitted, you will receive an email verification in your email inbox showing successful submission. If you do not receive this email, please contact our office: (480) 461-6300.