Emergency Medical Services
145 N. Centennial Way (4th floor)
Mesa, AZ 85201
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 3 pm, Mon & Wed (In person) Tue & Thu (Virtual)
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 7 am – 5 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
For general registration questions and prerequisite information, please contact us at (480) 461-6300.
For information specific to Emergency Medical Technology Certificates of Completion, Paramedicine Certificates of Completion and Paramedicine Associate of Applied Sciences degrees, you can request a virtual meeting or phone call with Allied Health Department Chair by emailing EMTfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your student ID, preferred email and contact phone number and any specific questions you may have in your email.
All EMS advisement meetings are by appointment only. Meetings will be scheduled either for a phone consultation or a live online virtual meeting with the Allied Health Department Chair.
Please make sure you check out our individual program webpages first for details and our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Programs and Pathway Maps
The pathway maps found below show you which courses to take and when to take them.
Certificates of Completion (CCL)
- Emergency Medical Technology Comprehensive (CCL)
- Paramedicine (CCL)
- Critical Care Paramedicine (CCL)
- Community Health Paramedicine (CCL)
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (CCL)
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Students who are interested in enrolling in EMT or Pre-Paramedicine or Paramedicince courses of study may be required to meet prerequisite criteria. For an overview of specific EMS programs requirements, please visit our specific program webpages for EMT, Pre-Paramedicine or Paramedicine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for classes that do not require department permission?
- Students can self-enroll in EMS classes that do not require special registration via their Student Center under "Add/Drop A Class." If you are needing some guidance on enrolling in classes in general, any MCC Student Specialist can help you register for classes that are not restricted to department permission. You can also register online at my.maricopa or register via phone at 480-461-7400.
- How do I register for classes that require a department permission/consent?
- Students wanting to enroll in EMT101, EMT104, EMT104AB, EMT104LL, PME190, PME191 or PME292 courses, must first navigate to the correct webpage and review specific course/program requirements.
- To enroll in the EMT104, EMT104AB or EMT104LL courses, please navigate to EMT Programs Page.
- To enroll in the PME190 or PME191 pre-paramedicine courses, please navigate to Pre-Paramedicine Programs Page
- To enroll in the PME292 critical care paramedicine course, please navigate to Critical Care Paramedicine Programs Page
- How can I register for the Paramedicine Program?
- The Paramedicine Program at Mesa Community College is a competitive selection process. Students must first submit a program application, pass a comprehensive general EMT knowledge exam, oral panel interview, background check and drug screening prior to official program acceptance. The competitive selection process for students is conducted year-round with oral interviews held in Summer (June/July) and Fall (November/December). Paramedicine Program Applications are accepted year-round and can be accessed on the main Paramedicine Programs Page
- For more information on the application and selection process for the upcoming Paramedicine programs, please visit our Paramedicine Programs Page
- I can't find a class I need for my degree. What do I do?
- EMS electives are not held every semester. Some classes are held only in the Spring or Fall.
- Who can I contact to get specific EMS program advisement or career counseling?
- It is preferred that students seeking specific EMS advisement make an appointment to meet with the Allied Health Department Chair. You can request a virtual meeting or phone call with Allied Health Department Chair by emailing EMTemail@example.com. Please include your student ID, preferred email and contact phone number and any specific questions you may have in your email.
- The Allied Health Department Chair is more than happy to meet with you and provide very specific program level advisement and career counseling.