Published Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 11:44am
As anticipation for the upcoming school year builds, I know you have questions about how classes will be conducted and what campus life will look like in Fall 2020.
Here is what you need to know:
- Classes will begin on Aug. 22, 2020. MCC offers a variety of learning options that include a limited number of on-campus classes. You’ll find a description of class formats here.
- Face coverings and an MCC or personal ID are required while you are on campus.
- Strategies are being employed to ensure safe distancing on campus. For example, one class has 18 students in the Live Online lecture with the on-campus class divided into 9 students for each of the in-person labs.
- A limited number of employees are returning to campus Aug. 10, 2020 to provide academic support services and on-campus learning spaces. Most MCC staff and faculty will continue to work remotely through September.
- All MCC’s great student services – admission, testing, financial aid advice, tutoring and more – are available via chat and email. I urge you to seek our free counseling services for help with personal or academic issues you may be facing.
With the uncertainties created by the pandemic, our plans may evolve. We will keep you updated on any changes to classes or procedures. The best source for updates is our homepage.
Throughout the past semester, we have continued our dedication to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity at MCC. I invite you to share your experiences and ideas for eliminating social injustice in a Student Listening Session, 1 - 3 p.m., July 21, 2020. Click here for details and to register.
Whatever this next semester brings, I am confident we will continue to meet all challenges with the strength, adaptability and grace that are hallmarks of who we are as Thunderbirds.
Together we are Thunderbird strong!