Published Tuesday, March 24 at 6:11pm
We know that keeping up with email is tough right now. We are adjusting the frequency of our SAVP Updates in order to keep you informed of vital news, but not overwhelm your inbox. We’ve structured this message to include important information you might have missed or could want to archive.
Please remember the MCC COVID-19 webpage is a wealth of continually updated general and MCC-specific news with FAQs organized into easily searchable topics, resources, and a listing of previous communications divided into sections for students, the community and employees.
Important Updates and Reminders:
- Requests for refunds - If students are asking about refunds, let them know that MCC and the District are working on amendments to our current refund policy. The updated policy should be available by the week of March 30th.
- Remote/ Online Student Services are now available including academic advising, orientation, admissions, records, financial aid, cashiers and tutoring. The webpage is connected through our Future Students, Current Students, and Red Mountain Enrollment Services tabs as well as the COVID-19 webpage.
- Employees have a dedicated link they can use to ask Admissions & Records, Advising and Financial questions at Employee Only Chat - Tech on Duty (TOD).
- Help Students in financial need by donating or requesting assistance through the MCC Greatest Need Unrestricted Fund.
- Foundation Scholarship Application deadline has been extended to May 31, 2020.
- Student Online Success strategies for students new to online learning can be found on this MCCCD webpage.
- Starting a WebEx meeting via Google Calendar is explained in this video by David Levy, senior tech support specialist and adjunct faculty.
- Recording your WebEx meeting is detailed in this brief video from Ken Kuhns, MCC HelpCenter and Custom Care manager.
- Bookstore updates are on the store website and the MCC COVID-19 top banner. To serve students, the bookstore is offering FREE Online Shipping on all items with no minimum purchase, FREE shipping return labels, and an extension of the non-return period without penalty. Store details and FAQs are online.
- COVID-19 testing is being offered by Banner Health via drive-thru for prescreened patients at three sites in Phoenix, including Mesa, and one in Tucson. You must first call 844-549-1851 to speak with a clinical team member to determine if testing is appropriate. Find more testing information on the MCC COVID-19 website.
- Email and voicemail tips for working remotely are detailed in this Intranet post, including guidance on updating your Contact Information.
- A community resource list, being updated by volunteers, features a wide range of information from child care to food banks and utilities to employers hiring now.
- Arizona@Work lists employers who are hiring now.
We hope this has brought you up to date and answered questions that you or your students might have.
Stay well and thank you for your dedication to the college, your colleagues, and our students.
Sent by Carmen Newland and Nora Reyes on behalf of MCC Administration