Through A New Leaf's Assets to Opportunity (ATO) program, individuals can save money that will be matched 8:1. This means if you save $500, you will be matched with $4,000 giving you a total of $4,500 to use towards tuition and fees, textbooks, and school supplies at Mesa Community College.
- Income at or below 200% of federal poverty line
- Have earned income16 years or older
- Resident of Arizona
- Commit to saving $500 and saving for at least 3 months
- Commit to making $30 deposits twice per month
- Complete financial wellness workshops
- Complete all other program requirements
If you have any questions please contact: ATO@turnanewleaf.org
*A New Leaf's Assets to Opportunity program abides by federal eligibility guidelines. The funding is restricted to low-to moderate-wealth individuals and families. After you complete an application, A New Leaf team member will contact you to verify your eligibility.
Four grants from Assets for Independence (AFI), a program of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, fund approximately 50% ($700,000) of costs for MesaCAN’s IDA Program. The remaining 50% ($700,000) is funded through non-Federal sources. Visit the AFI Resource Center website to learn more about the program and about helping families to build assets.