Mesa Community College Center for Community & Civic Engagement MCC Service Scholarship
AWARD CRITERIA/ REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify for the MCC Service Scholarship, a student must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (out of a possible 4.0) at MCC
- (Students new to MCC must show a 2.5 GPA or better at their most recent educational institution)
- Complete at least 100 hours of service during the time frame listed above.
- Note hours may only be used once for each award.
- Have confirmation letter(s) from the organization(s) to validate your service
- Be enrolled at MCC as at least a part-time student for the semester for which the award is intended. The total amount awarded is determined by the credit hours enrolled for the awarding semester.
Please note the following criteria:
- A maximum of 50 of the 100 hours can be earned through service-learning or service required as part of a class or program. Student may also enroll in an Independent Service-Learning course to work with a faculty on planning, developing and implementing a project to earn the allowed 50 maximum course related hours toward this award.
- Training and/or conference hours are not considered service hours
- Service hours should be documented with the following information: Date of service, Site of Service, # of hours served, Site Supervisor Contact Information
- Information from this application may be used for publication purposes
Download the MCC Service Scholarship Application: Forms Page
Return your completed application to the front desk at the Center for Community & Civic Engagement, or mail it to:
Mesa Community College
Community & Civic Engagement
1833 W Southern Ave
Mesa AZ 85202