Consistent with the MCC’s vision of “leading the way to success in our local and global community,” the Program Review Process provides a unique opportunity to:
- Reflect on our work
- Engage in dialogue with colleagues relative to a program's strengths, opportunities, aspirations, and results challenges
- Continuously improve our programs
The results of the Program Review Process will be used to inform Department Planning efforts and, by extension, the college’s master planning and budgeting processes.
Program Reviews should be completed every 3 years, unless a different schedule is dictated by an outside accreditation body. Approximately one-third of Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs will be reviewed annually.
Program Review Training Videos
- Program Review Site Navigation (Youtube Link, 3:11)
- Occupational Program Description (Youtube Link, 6:05)
- Required Occupational Program Elements (Youtube Link, 8:30)
- Program Review Analysis and Strategic Planning (Youtube Link, 5:12)
Overview of the Program Review Process
- Preparing for Program Review (PDF)
- Program Review Process (PDF)
- Program Review Schedule 2014-2020 (PDF)
Template and Sample
- Institutional Effectiveness Outcomes Template (Word)
- Program Review Template (Word)
- Program Review Executive Summary (Word)
- The Executive Summary document is only for accredited programs who have a self-study due the same year as program review. In those cases, the shorter Executive Summary form replaces the regular Program Review Template.
Resources and Toolbox
Industry Information and Employment Forecast Web sites
- Maricopa Community College District Center for Workforce Development
- Arizona Labor Stats
- U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
Sample Survey Tools
These surveys were created by the Program Review Committee as examples that could be customized for each program.