The SENDAS project aims to increase student persistence, course completion, graduation rates, and transfer rates. Below are project funded resources available to help students meet their academic goals.
Case Management Advising
- Programs & Degrees: Whether you’re interested in an associate’s degree, a certificate in your field, transferring to a four-year university, or you just want to take some classes for your own personal satisfaction, Mesa Community College has a program to suit your career goals.
- Field of Interest: Maricopa Community Colleges has organized the following Fields of Interest to help you clarify which career path you are interested in pursuing.
- Career Coach: Discover majors and in-demand careers and education based on your interests!
- Academic Advisement: Advisors are available to help you be successful as a Mesa Community College student.
- Student Advising Resources: These resources include registration assistance, career exploration, education planning, graduation requirements, transfer guides and resources.
- SENDAS Case Managment Advisors for STEM & CIT: Yarely Vizcaino Barron & Lauren Halstead
- Financial Literacy Resources-Coming Soon
- Scholarships: Scholarships are give aid, meaning you do not have to repay them or earn the funds by working. They are a form of financial assistance awarded to students based on specific criteria that have been determined by the donor or organization providing the funds. Apply for Scholarships!
- Financial Aid: Student financial aid is funding that is available exclusively to students attending college. This funding helps in covering the many costs of college. Financial aid is available from federal, state, educational institutions, and private agencies (foundations), and can be awarded in the forms of grants, education loans, work-study and scholarships. In order to apply for federal financial aid, students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- FAFSA: For most students planning to attend college or career school, financial aid is essential. The FAFSA Form allows students to request federal grants, work-study, and loans, all in one application.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): If you want to keep receiving financial aid make sure you maintain your eligibility. The U.S. Department of Education requires us to evaluate and monitor the Satisfactory Academic Progress of all students applying for Federal Student Aid. Federal regulations (CFR 668.32(f) and 668.34) require a student to move towards the completion of a degree, or certificate, within an eligible program when receiving financial aid.
- Enroll in Learning Communities: MCC's SENDAS Title V Learning Communities combine two or more courses to meaningfully connect the information presented in each. The idea is you learn more by taking the classes together than you would separately. Some courses are blended together into one classroom, while others are linked by shared assignments, topics and projects. The whole time, you’re studying with the same students, so you’re literally learning together.
- Boot Camp Sessions: Each session is geared towards preparing you for success in your courses and providing you an opportunity to work with faculty, staff, and peers.
- Embedded Tutoring: Embedded Tutors work in the classroom under the instructor's guidance to help students understand course concepts and enhance student engagement. The Embedded Tutor offers group review, study sessions and individual appointment-based sessions for students enrolled in the class that has an embedded tutor component.
- On Campus Tutoring: Campus Tutoring Services offers MCC students free, accessible, and convenient options to supplement their academic experience for our most in-demand courses on campus. Campus Tutoring offers individual and small group tutoring, on-demand tutoring (online services), and computer asssited instruction.
- Virtual Tutoring Center: All students experience challenges along the way. That's why we offer free online tutoring support in a variety of academic areas. Reach out so we can help!
- Tutoring Resources: The MCC Learning Enhancement Center has compiled resources to assist you with successfully completing your courses including study skill handouts, online videos, and tutorials.
- Join the Tutoring Team: The MCC Learning Enhancement Center is hiring peer tutors. Fill out an application today!
- Internship Opportunities: Internships allow students to explore and gain experience in their major or career field of interest before they actually begin the career. Internships provide job training with professionals in the industry, allow for interns to obtain first-hand knowledge of a field, industry and/or employer, build their resume, and establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references. Check out the internship opportunities available!