Your Study Abroad experience includes
- Your round-trip flight
- Flight-day buses from Madrid to Granada and from Granada to Madrid
- Daily meals (note that this is usually NOT included in other programs)
- MCC Tuition (three hours of course credit) and Course fees
- University of Granada course fees
- All excursion travel and admissions fees, and dinners in Sevilla and Tangier
- The Welcome and Farewell dinners
- Traveler's health insurance (good for one year)
- Last night hostel in Madrid (and admission to Museo del Prado)
All for a total of $4,195.* (This number will vary slightly depending on your plane ticket)
|You will actually make FOUR separate payments:
- $2,105 to the MCC Study Abroad Spain (Andalucía) account
- $258 to MCC for tuition (for REL 151; $339 if you are taking SPA 102);
- $407 to the University of Granada for tuition**
- $1,425 for your plane ticket (this is an estimate; the average price in each of the last two years has been well below this)
* A very important note: Until final approval of the 2014 program proposal (sometime in September), all prices are estimates and subject to change.
** Another very important note: The University of Granada tuition is paid directly to the UGr. The exact amount varies depending on the number of students and the exchange rate of the euro at the time of payment.
We will buy plane tickets as a group on about April 1. We will set up a group reservation, and you will have a window of 24 hours to call our travel agent with your credit card information.
Want to buy your own flight? We will be purchasing plane tickets as a group around April 1. If you are in a position to get a discounted or free flight to and from Spain, or if you want to arrange to go earlier or return later, you are free to do so, but you assume responsibility to meet the group at Madrid Barajas airport by 10:30 a.m. on May 30.
The Spanish Requirement: Every student is required either 1) to have completed previously SPA 101 or better; 2) to meet the SPA 101 requirement by way of a placement test; or 3) to be fluent. Students who have met either requirement 1 or 2 will take SPA 102 in Spain.
Be sure to bring spending money as well. We'll have afternoons in the coffee shops and evenings at the tapas bars, shopping and weekend fun trips to the mountains or the beaches, and much more. The amount you will need depends on your own spending while in Spain and Morocco, but the most frugal student can get by on about $600 fun money for the month.