Choose the BEST answer for each question and click on the button (circle) in front of that answer. If you answer ALL the questions, you can see your score when you are finished, as well as the correct answers.
1. The arrow in this illustration is pointing to the
2. An organism viewed with the high power objective in place would be magnified ______ times.
3. This microscope was pulled out of the storage cabinet. What mistake was made in putting it away?
4. This is the _______ objective.
5. True or false: The arrow in this image is pointing to the base of the microscope.
6. Observe the microscope in the storage cabinet in this image. Was it properly put away?
No, the oil immersion objective is locked in place instead of the scanning objective.
No,the stage is not centered.
No, the scope was put in the case backwards; the arm should be facing out so the microscope can be safely retreived for future use.
No, the objectives were not rolled up away from the stage.
Yes, the microscope was properly put away.
7. The arrow in this illustration is pointing to the
8. True or false: It is good microscopic technique to locate bacteria with the low power objective before viewing them with the high power objective.
9. Oil should be added to a microscopic slide when viewing it with the _____ objective.
10. The microscope in this image is an electron microscope.