Choose the BEST answer for each question and click on the button (circle) in front of that answer. If you answer ALL the questions, you can see your score when you are finished, as well as the correct answers.
1. The image here shows three different genera of bacteria growing on EMB agar. They are numbered 1 to 3. Which of the following conclusions is accurate?
2. The product shown in the image here is used to identify
3. Staphylococcus aureus , a major pathogen, is usually
4. These gelatin tubes have each been inoculated with a pure culture of different bacteria. The tubes were incubated for 48 hours and have been refrigerated for 30 minutes. The arrow in this image indicates an organism that is
5. These tryptone broths were each inoculated with a different bacteria. After incubation Kovac's reagent was added to both tubes. Bacteria that produce the result shown at the arrow in this image are
6. The bacteria that produced the result shown at the arrow in this image
7. The media shown in this image is mannitol salt agar. The organism that the arrow is pointing to is
8. This image shows the results of bacteria inoculated into motility media. The organism in tube 2
9. Methyl red test results for two different organisms are shown in this image. Which conclusion is correct?
10. Pathogens that are usually beta-hemolytic include