Choose the BEST answer for each question and click on the button (circle) in front of that answer. If you answer ALL the questions, you can see your score when you are finished, as well as the correct answers.
1. The image shown here is rabbit plasma that was inoculated with a bacterial culture and incubated. This result is a ________ test.
2. The organism that produced the result shown at the arrow in question 1 is most likely
3. The Kirby-Bauer test is used to determine
4. A different bacterial culture was placed into each circle on the slide shown here. Hydrogen peroxide was then added to each circle. The arrow in this image indicates an organism that is capable of
5. This image shows the results of blood typing for Ms. Smiggle. The circle on the left contains her blood plus anti-A antiserum. The circle on the right contains her blood plus anti-B antiserum. Apparently Ms. Smiggle has blood type
6. A pure culture of the same test organism was inoculated into all three of the carbohydrate broths shown here and incubated. Tube 1 contains sucrose, tube 2 contains lactose, and tube 3 glucose. Apparently the test organism ferments
7. The Interpretive Standards say that a zone of inhibition of 20 mm. qualifies as a sensitive zone for a newly discovered antibiotic. A zone of inhibition of 17 to 19 mm. qualifies as intermediate. If a test bacteria exhibits a 15 mm. zone of inhibition when properly tested against this newly discovered antibiotic on Mueller-Hinton agar, the test organism is expected to
8. Bacitracin sensitivity is used to distinguish
9. Sensitivity to bacitracin would best be determined by growing the test organism on
10. If the "O" on the disks in this image stands for optochin, what would you conclude about the organism to which the arrow is directed?