- Linear A
- Linear B
- Cnossus (or, Knossus)
- Thalos tomb
Names to Know:
- Sir Arthur Evans
- Heinrich Schliemann
- Cronos (or, Kronos)
- Uranus (or, Ouranus)
Things to Know: short answer, listing, and essay
- The Hellenic Iron Age can be divided into four distinct periods; what are they?
- When did the Agricultural Revolution occur and why is it significant?
- What were the ancient civilizations that emerged from the Argicultural Revolution between 8000BCE and 5000BCE?
- Where was the Minoan civilization located?
- What is the significance of "Cyclopean" architecture and what does it tell us about the differences between Mycenaean and Minoan
- Describe the concept of "guest-friendship" and its importance in Dark Age Greece.
- Describe the concept of "Panhellenism" and what it tells us about the Greeks in the late Dark Ages.
- According to Hesiod what is the origin of sacrificing to the gods?
- Acording to Hesiod, what is the relationship between men and women?
- According to Hesiod, how was the cosmic order established?
- How does Hesiod account for the origin of poetry?
Back to the Study Guide Index