Objectivism - The alternative to Relativism -
Definition: Moral Objectivism- there are some (at least one) universalizable moral principles.
Definition: Moral Absolutism - there are some (at least one) universalizable moral principles which are inviolable.
- The Hierarchy or Normative Principles -
- Primary Principles - general normative principles which direct attitude within a given social context -
- Secondary Principles - specific normative principles which guide action within a given social context -
- The Nature of Primary Normative Principles -
- alleviation of suffering
- avoid/resolve social conflicts
- promote human flourishing/survival