- Premise Indicator
- Conclusion Indicator
- Conditional Statement
- Conjunctive Statement
- Disjunctive Statement
- Necessary Condition (i.e., necessity)
- Sufficient Condition (i.e., sufficiency)
Names to know:
Arguments and Positions:
- What are the three basic parts of an argument in essay form?
- What are the two necessary conditions that must be met in order for a series of statements to be an argument?
- What are the six types of inductive arguments identified by Hurley?
- According to Aristotle, what is the difference between inductive and deductive arguments?
- Can you identify the difference between an inductive and deductive argument in natural language?
- Can you distinguish between a valid and sound deductive argument?
- Can you distinguish between a strong and cogent inductive argument?
Return to Index
Return to Barry's HP