Objectivism - The alternative to Relativism -
Definition: Objectivism - there are some (at least one) universalizable moral principles.
Definition: Absolutism - there are some (at least one) universalizable moral principles which are inviolable.
- The Hierarchy or Normative Principles -
- Primary Principles - general normative principles which direct attitude within a given social context -
- Secondary Principles - specific normative principles which guide action within a given social context -
- The Nature of Primary Normative Principles - What exactly is morality for anyway?
- alleviation of suffering
- avoid/resolve social conflicts
- promote human flourishing/survival