CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Community College National Center for Community Engagement wishes to
celebrate outstanding campus-based service-learning and civic engagement programs
that have developed partnerships outside their institutions. The Center seeks
nominations for the following awards:
- Collaborations with Social Agencies (including government entities)
- Collaborations with K-12 Schools
- Collaborations with Universities
- International Service Learning
Eligibility: This award is open to all two-year colleges who
collaborate through service-learning and civic engagement with social agencies (including government entities),
K-12, Universities, or internationally.
Please note that:
- This is an institutional award and not for an individual.
- This is a service learning collaboration award and there must be a service learning component to the collaboration.
- Winners need to attend the CCNCCE Conference to accept their award and to
present on their program.
- Colleges that have won within the past five years in any category are
ineligible to apply.
- All costs associated with this award are the responsibility of the college.
Nomination: A Nomination Form must be completed, along with a
Nomination (see Nomination Form for details) and letters of support from the campus
president and collaborating partners. Only one nomination per college will be accepted.
Nomination must be in only one category. The Nomination Form, Nomination, and letters must
be received by February 28, 2011 in the Center's office.
Criteria: Successful applicants will be selected on these criteria:
- quality of learning opportunities provided to students
- contribution of both the institution and its
partner(s) to community improvement
- level of faculty involvement in the collaboration
- potential to be replicated in other communities
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE: February 28, 2011
Applicants will be notified by March 14, 2011. The winning colleges will be presented awards at
the Community College National Center for Community Engagement's 2011 Annual National Conference.
Costs associated with this award are the responsibility of the college.
For More Information Contact:
Lyvier Conss, Executive Director
Community College National
Center for Community Engagement
145 North Centennial Way, Suite 204
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Phone - 480-461-6281 or
Email - email@example.com