Check What’s New & Continued This Summer!!!
• All of this summer’s performances will be held in the newly Remodeled Mesa Community College Theater
• No Deposit Required.
• Families with three or more siblings in the workshops will receive a 10% tuition discount per child.
Enjoy three fun filled Musical Comedy/Movement Workshops for K to 12th graders. Each session will culminate in a Dazzling Broadway Musical performance! Classes will stress techniques in singing, dancing and acting. Each student (except for Workshop III) will be required to bring a recording device. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. We will strive to maintain a gender balance.
The Magic of Musical Theatre Workshops I and II
These intense two week workshops are designed for 5th–12th graders (Fall ‘13) who love to sing, act and dance. Each participant will perform in large and small ensembles. Soloists will be chosen according to auditions and work ethic.
The Magic Music Kidz Workshop
Magic Music Kids is a two week musical theatre workshop for the K–4th graders (Fall ‘13). Through the use of Broadway Show Tunes your youngsters will explore singing techniques, choreographed movements and creative drama. These workshops will culminate in a live demonstration performance for all your stars-to-be to showcase their talent and skills.
We will be holding post-registration auditions for Workshops I & II to efficiently cast participants in ensembles, trios, duets and solos. Be prepared to sing a two minute Broadway Show Tune designed to demonstrate singing ability, volume, range, diction and characterization. Accompanist will be provided or a minus track permitted. Bring one copy of music (if not memorized, bring two).
Workshop I – Monday, May 13, 4:00 – 7:00pm
Workshop II – Monday, May 20, 4:00 – 7:00pm
Music Kidz Workshop – No audition required
Detailed audition information will be mailed to you with registration confirmation.
Refunds will be prorated at half the tuition cost if student withdraws after the Payment Due Date.
* It is essential that your child be available to attend the audition, extended rehearsals, performance dates and each scheduled practice. We need each child to be there EVERY DAY in order to make the performance a success.
* Mark your calendars early with audition, extended rehearsal and performance information!
* Due to the nature of this summer’s Workshop schedules, we will no longer be able to accommodate absences.
Registration charge is due in full no later than the deadline listed in the workshop information.
Payment may be included with the application, mailed in or paid at a later date in person at the Cashier’s Office.
Students will be called to set up an appointment for the audition.
Please direct questions to the Music Department at (480) 461-7577.